Monday, May 30, 2011

Let me introduce myself.

 I am a stay-at-home mother; I have a wonderful two year old little boy, and I am expecting a little girl on Aug 28,2011. My name is Kayla Newitt; and I am suffering through depression. I am currently 27 weeks along. I can't take any depression medication due to the pregnancy. I have recently started therapy, I have only been to one session, although it seems to have helped a lot. I don't have much of a support system to rely on right now other than my wonderful, amazing and couldn't ask for better husband. My younger sister, who is also expecting about 4 weeks behind me and 17, has my mother and everyone else for that matter wrapped around her finger so tightly that she has received no punishment for her action at all. Might I also mention the father of the child is also unknown due to the number of partners, some of who are over 18; oh and when the child was conceived more likely than not she was only 16 when the all of this happened. I am treated and made to feel like, weather intentional or not,  a bad mother, a bad person, and a bad wife. I have recently started imposing very, very  strict rules when it comes to being allowed to be with my son and my self. My sister is no longer under any circumstances allowed to be around my son and I prefer not to be around her either. My mother has been made aware of and now knows that I am my son's mother and my rules go. This has not gone over so well and this is one of the biggest sources of depression. I no longer have a baby sitter, or anyone who can understand my point of view on anything, not that my mom did much before. because my sister has everyone so wrapped it is almost looked at as a good thing that she is pregnant and my mother is encouraging my 17 year old sister who is still in high school and can't pass the ninth grade to keep and try and raise a child. I am very, very, very opposed to this idea and no one else in my family seems to understand that this is a very bad idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment